2011 in Review: Top Party Songs
By Nathan Douglas
In case you blacked out every Friday night for the past year, we’ve got the jams that made this year parties rock. Chances are you’ve already bumped ‘em on your iPod, but if not, go get these jams now!
10) Cheers (Drink to That) – Rihanna: You’ve had a hard week. Between classes, a job, and working out, you’ve got a lot on your plate – and Rihanna understands. “Cheers” is a nice party-starter with a kickin’ vocalization that will be sure to fill the floor with beer-soaked singing.
9) I Wanna Go – Britney Spears: Calling all 90’s kids: Britney’s back! Britney takes the “goin’ hard” message of Ke$ha’s 2010 hit “We R Who We R” and puts a new electric spin on it. No shame on you here, Britney, because we’re definitely gonna go all the way.
8) Blow – Ke$ha: Dance. It’s impossible not to love (at least drunkenly) the thumping electric sounds from continual party-animal Ke$ha. If your speakers don’t warrant noise complaints, then the hoards of college students screaming “BLOOOOO-O-O-O-O-O-O-OW” sure will.
7) Tonight Tonight – Hot Chelle Rae: The party goes on and on with this track. It may not have the electric-feel of Ke$ha or the pounding bass of party classics like DEV’s “Bass Down Low,” but this vocal-driven song is sure to speak to college students. Forget the papers; forget the grades; the party is now.
6) You Make Me Feel… – Cobra Starship: The “la la la la la’s” of this song have the same sing-along (or rather scream-along) quality as“Blow.” Best of all, the title itself is sure to inspire lots of dirty dance floor grinding. It’s time to let the lights drop, put your hands up, and feel really, really good.
5) In the Dark – DEV: No more time for dirty dancing. It’s time to do a little dance of your own to a room, or, if you can’t make it that far, to the nearest wall. It’s dark and everyone’s probably drunk, so finish up your water bottle margarita and get to know each other.
4) Sexy and I Know It – LMFAO: Time to flaunt what you got. The pounding bass of this LMFAO track gets your feet (and your pelvis) moving, while the seductive lyrics could entice even the least-tipsy partygoer to shed a layer. Time to wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. You get extra points if you wear your speedo to the party.
3) Super Bass – Nicki Minaj: How can you not love this song? With a chorus that consists of more than five words (we’re looking at you, Ke$ha), this song is an irrestible sing-along… even if you can’t actually keep up with the lyrics. Either way, Nicki’s sure to get the speakers bumpin’ and the party pumpin’ with this go-to party jam.
2) Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) – Katy Perry: Forgot what you did last weekend? Well here you go! Katy Perry reminds us how we can continue to make the “oh so wrong” choices to have a righteous night. Try starting a checklist with all of the mishaps mentioned in the song. If (and only if) you check each one off, can you be considered a true master of partying. Blackouts mean that something awesome happened the night before.
1) Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO: Come on. Was there really any surprise here? By far the most iconic and party-playable single of the year, LMFAO has played right into the hearts of partiers everywhere. “Party Rock Anthem” has single-handedly redefined the party music scene with it’s kickin’ electric beat and catchy lyrics. LMFAO has set the bar high for themselves in 2012!
Visit our store and enter “SORRYIMNOTSORRY” at checkout and get 25% OFF your entire order!